Welcome! The Philadelphia Math + Science Coalition envisions a future where Philadelphia public school students will graduate from high school with strong math and science knowledge and skills, enabling them to succeed in a 21st century STEM economy.
here's what we do:
- Work closely with the School District of Philadelphia on STEM programming
- Connect STEM community resources to schools and classrooms
- Host monthly meetings for Philadelphia math and science teachers
- Provide free field trips to STEM businesses
- Provide STEM professionals as classroom speakers
- Provide grades 6-12 tutoring in math and science
- Award grants to teachers for innovative classroom projects
- Collaborate with universities on recruitment and preparation of math and science teachers.
Click here to view a Powerpoint about the Coalition's mission and work. Explore the tabs on the right to learn more!